We are currently seeking to hire Senior Consultants (3-5 years’ work experience) with a background in Procurement/ Support Engineering / Supply Chain expertise who will join our Belfast Consulting practice within our Centre of Excellence.
You will work on some of the most exciting projects in KPMG, working closely with Defence clients including the MOD, Prime Contractors and other service providers. A lean six sigma qualification is desirable.
You will be delivering engineering, support and technical equipment expertise to identify how military capability and effect can be established and sustained at reduced cost. Equipment types will vary across, and you may be tasked onto RAF, Navy or Army platforms / support solutions.
Your insights will identify where there are opportunities for the client and what is required to deliver them. You will also identify the most appropriate commercial and contracting arrangements for the situation at hand. Your understanding of the links between user behaviours, failure modes, cost of repair, maintenance policies and support chain performance will be key to unlocking value for KPMG’s clients.
- A numerate (science, engineering or maths-based) first-class or upper second-class degree.
- Positive approach towards problem solving, even under time pressure.
- The tenacity to engage with complex multi-party situations and identify realistic / achievable reduction identification, how to deliver it and any associated trade-offs.
- The ability to think through a problem and apply a logical, analytical approach to develop a solution.
- Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way.
- Confident communications skills and an ability to engage at shop floor level and at C-suite.
- Ability to motivate and manage teams to achieve stated objectives, the humility and desire to be a high performing team member.
- A mindset that identifies business growth opportunities out of work being delivered to support the sustainment and growth of Defence Consulting.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and being comfortable engaging with shop floor staff through to C-suite leadership.
- Experience of cost reduction strategies and efficiency identification, sizing and validation.
- Knowledge of equipment repair and maintenance policy
- Understanding of equipment support chains and associated commercial arrangements.
- Understanding of cost model build and interrogation.
- Understanding of business planning and forecasting
- Data visualisation, management reporting, and dashboard development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A