Hiring call not required – apply today for a chance to receive a same-day job offer from Kohl’s! The primary responsibility of the Material Handler is to prepare, process and move merchandise productively, safely, and accurately per established production rates and according to established standards and guidelines. Associates will be cross-trained to perform a variety of functions in various departments to support business and operational needs. The requirements listed below are representative of functions an associate will be required to perform and the associate may be required to perform additional functions. The company may revise this job description from time to time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
- Perform work in accordance with the Working Conditions and Physical Requirements Sections.
- Process and move merchandise productively, safely and accurately per established production rates and according to established standards and guidelines.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule and adhere to the requirement of working any designated shift and overtime as requested per business and operational needs.
- Receive and process merchandise, including picking, packing, preparing and shipping orders and returns and load/unload trailers following established company and industry standard operating procedures.
- Provide high quality internal and external customer service, including communicating with vendors and other associates/locations to resolve disputes and review compliance.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance as set by the company and comply with dress code requirements.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, including those related to accuracy and productivity.
- Fulfill the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Section.
- Follow all company, state, local and OSHA safety rules, policies and regulations to promote a safe work environment; promptly report any potential violations to the appropriate supervisor/manager.
- Input data to prepare reports.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and basic computer operation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Ability to learn and apply policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Ability to operate multiple frequency devices, handheld scanners, and other power equipment as directed.
- Ability to receive, understand and proactively respond to direction from supervisors/managers and other company personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Proficiency in English sufficient to understand and follow rules, training, and instructions necessary for operational safety and efficiency.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete company training programs and be cross-trained in at least 2 departments.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: DeSoto, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A