Website IHG Hotels & Resorts
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Bell Attendant you will be the first impression of the Residence and you will directly be responsible to deliver guest requests and enquiries with complete guest satisfaction. You’ll also be a brand ambassador and develop great working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be compliant with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations and report any violations to Supervisors/Managers
- Assist guests by parking/retrieving their vehicles with utmost care and minimize hotel liability for damages by driving safely.
- Manning the bell desk or the door while ensuring the Lobby, Concierge and Driveway areas look great
- Prepare daily newspaper requests and delivery of the same according to guest preferences
- Responsible for rooming checking in guests and ensure great guest relationships are made in a very short space of time
- Maintain driveway traffic and keep areas spotless to maintain the perfect Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts image.
- Follow systems, security and cash handling procedures and hotel services as per quality standards.
- Make sure our guests always get a warm welcome and a sincere farewell from you
- Collate and share local insights via weekly newsletters to meet guest requests i.e. sporting events, places of interest and local restaurants etc.
- Adhere to guest checking in / checking out / room move procedures pertaining to baggage handling and storage
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help.
- Follow Residence SOPs while issuing valet tickets to guests
- Effective use of empowerment and resolve guest issues and use their feedback to improve services for guest satisfaction
- Deliver a memorable experience to guests with a swift and personal service – Acknowledge IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone not forgetting to recognize guests by name.
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Valid UAE Driving License
- Literate and tech-savvy – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computers
- Fluency in the local language – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Strength – most of times you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
- Communication skills – guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Experience – At least one year experience in an upscale hotel / equivalent environment as a Concierge or related discipline
Company: IHG Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A