In this role you will be responsible to lead Canaan College as it enters its fourth year in 2023. A dynamic, self-motivated, ethically driven and experienced school leader is required. If you seek to make a difference to education in South Africa and enjoy working in a dynamic team this is the place to be.
- High literacy and numeracy standards.
- Ensure quality delivery of the curriculum.
- Be an active role player in the marketing of the school.
- Represent the school and Edinvest with high ethical standards.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism.
- Creating a high-performance culture.
- Lead the Senior Management Team at the school.
- Manage performance reviews for all staff.
- But accounts to the Director of Schools on education matters.
- Coordinates with all relevant staff to ensure alignment of systems and development of best practice across the business.
- Deliver and maintain high standard of school facilities.
- Establish and sustain effective, positive relationships with all staff, learners, parents/guardians and the local community.
- Keep abreast of educational innovations in SA and globally.
- Manage and deliver the school budget.
- Coordinate with the FD to ensure budget alignment and performance.
- Achieve required learner occupancy and ensure fee collections.
- Lead the implementation of the schools’ Blended Learning Strategy.
- Ensure the school inculcates the entrepreneurial mindset.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual reports as required.
- Ability to perform under pressure and show tenacity.
- Strong relationship building and communications abilities.
- Management and implementation skills.
- Experience in a senior school leadership position, preferably with experience within the Independent Education Sector.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to lead and make decisions in a growing independent school.
- Ability to self-manage and manage risks responsibly.
- Conceptual, analytical and data skills.
- Solution orientated bias.
- Team player.
- An education-related Degree/s from a recognized tertiary institution, and professionally qualified with preferably a PGCE.
- 15+ years’ experience in schools, preferably at a senior management level within the Independent School sector.
- Entrepreneurial approach.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to take own initiative.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A