Somerset College is a leading independent, co-educational day and boarding school offering schooling from Grade 000 to Matric – IEB and Cambridge AS and A-levels. Founded in 1997, Somerset College is a welcoming, vibrant school situated in the beautiful Cape Winelands.
- Classroom assistance, observation, preparation and presentation of lessons
- General academic duties including assisting with marking and invigilation
- General duties and involvement in the school extra-curricular programme
- Have a Minimum Experience of 5 Years in Teaching Mathematics in Both the Get and Fet Phases and Experience in Teaching Advanced Programme Mathematics;
- Each in a Relevant and Up-to-Date Manner so That Confidence in Mathematics Is Instilled in the Learners;
- Have Advanced It Skills and Be Able to Use Technology to Enhance the Teaching and Learning Process in the Classroom and Online, As Required;
- Be Prepared to Be Involved in Olympiads and Other Mathematics-Related Competitions for Learners;
- Be a Mentor and Provide Pastoral Care to Learners As and When Required; Contribute to the Extramural Programme;
- Have Excellent Communication, Organisational and Administrative Skills, Working with a Team of Teachers Who Report to a Head of Department;
- Be Engaged in the School Activities and Work within the Values of the College;
- Be Willing to Commit to Ongoing Personal and Professional Development;
- Have the Requisite Professional and Academic Qualifications and Proof of Registration with Sace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Somerset West, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A