Somerset House is a 73-year-old school situated in the heart of Somerset West. It is home to 400 children and is viewed as being an innovative and exciting place to teach and learn. Space is given to staff to develop teaching methodologies which make sense and challenge the norm.
It goes without saying that the new Deputy Head will be an exceptional teacher with the vision and energy required to ensure that the school continues to pioneer in a thinking and meaningful manner.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to operate effectively in the Senior Primary, Junior Primary and Pre-Primary phases, and demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualification and experience in leadership in a preparatory school educational environment.
- A track record of
- building and maintaining positive relationships with parents, staff and pupils.
- efficient planning and implementation of preparatory school systems and procedures.
- A high emotional quotient and slant toward pastoral care with understanding of how this links to school climate and culture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and aural.
- Experience in the maintenance of school administration systems
- Solid knowledge of preparatory school curriculum addressing 21st century skills and which support education and thinking relevant to the 4th
- Industrial Revolution.
- An understanding of disciplinary systems and procedures which are relevant to the preparatory school environment.
- A high level of comfort with a small school environment which is integrated into the local community and lives of families who make up the fabric of the school.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Somerset West
Application Deadline: N/A