The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers which will be delivered from the depot. These will be routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance, and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media, and you may be the first point of contact at the depot trade counter.
Your actions will influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with your organisation. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to your customers.
- Maintain up to date product and industry knowledge
- Develop long term collaborative relationships with customers
- Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service and support the wider sales team in generating and chasing leads.
- Focus on effective customer account management, aiming to increase the company’s customer base and develop long term collaborative relationships within the building trade.
- Use creative marketing materials to promote Howdens products, depot events and sales periods to new and existing customers
- Keep in touch with both depots lead banks regularly via the telephone and using our customer engagement messaging tool
- Process sales for customers using the in store payment systems, quoting correct pricing, delivery date and stock requirements.
- Proactively gain new accounts, repeat business, and generate qualified leads for the team through outgoing sales calls
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Planning and organising skills
- Good customer service skills
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Strong communication skills
- Target driven
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A