Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation. This may include a review of financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs. The background investigation process is initiated after a selection is made. For more information visit the OPM Mythbuster Page .
- Coordinating and monitoring a variety of administrative tasks (e.g., budget, personnel, travel, space and logistics, or resource acquisition);
- Analyzing administrative data from a variety of sources;
- Identifying and recommending solutions to administrative problems, and providing advice to staff on established methods and procedures.
- Reviewing administrative practices and procedures in staffing or administrative procedures, work processes, or workload distribution;
- Representing the office in dealings with various organizational levels, internal and external customers, vendors, and personnel from a myriad of administrative support organizations.
- Recording administrative transactions and preparing a variety of automated reports;
- Identifying and recommending solutions to a wide range of administrative challenges;
- Updating data on spreadsheets;
- Preparing preliminary and finished reports and documents
- You must pass a drug screening
- You must submit resume and supporting documentation
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation including financial disclosure
- Political appointees may require OPM approval before on-boarding
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A