Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Joining the Secret Service as a Special Agent will allow you to perform critical protective and investigative assignments. The special agent position starts at a salary of $49,508 (GL-07, step 1), with promotion potential to $146,120 (GS-13, step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
During the course of their careers, special agents carry out assignments in both investigations and protection and may be assigned to multiple duty stations throughout the U.S. and abroad. Duties include:
- Conducting criminal investigations pertaining to financial obligations of the United States.
- Planning and implementing security designs for National Special Security Events.
- Providing protection for various protectees.
- At least 1 year of specialized experience in, or related to, the investigative methods, protective methods, and law enforcement techniques that provide the specific competencies to successfully perform the position’s duties. Experience also includes exercising initiative; attention to detail; judgment in collecting, assembling and developing facts, evidence or other pertinent data; the ability to analyze and evaluate data or evidence to arrive at sound conclusions including applying new information; and the ability to partner with or lead others in the accomplishment of mission activities.
- Have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-9 level which is defined as experience in, or related to planning and conducting complex criminal investigations to determine violations of Federal laws and regulations; collecting and assembling facts to identify logical conclusion; gathering, analyzing, and evaluating evidence or data; conducting interviews and interrogations; making arrests; conducting searches and seizures; taking responsibility for own actions and those of team members to ensure the goals and deadlines for the team are met; partnering with or leveraging networks or relationships from outside the organization, experience managing complex projects including setting priorities and determining resource requirements;
- A combination of specialized experience, as described above, and related graduate level education, beyond the first full year of graduate level study.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A