Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
The Executive Secretariat provides a wide range of high-level executive, programmatic, strategic and project support to the EAC/Deputy EAC (DEAC), and plays a vital role in optimizing the EAC’s/DEAC’s time to best achieve the organization’s goals. The assignment offers an excellent opportunity for an employee with practical communications experience to expand their capabilities and skill sets.
- Distribute and manage OS taskings and follow-up to ensure timely responses to the front office and other components.
- Track tasking deliverables and correspondence.
- Serve as a main point of contact for all incoming and outgoing tasking deliverable and correspondence.
- Review, analyze, and prioritize all incoming tasking deliverables and correspondence for offices within OS flowing from the Office of the
- Commissioner, the Office of the Executive Secretariat, DHS Headquarters, various DHS components, the White House, Congress, other CBP program offices, other Federal or state agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to effectively set priorities and organize work.
- Knowledge of databases and/or software systems in order to manage data pertaining to tasks and a variety of correspondence.
- Ability to attend to and switch between multiple tasks with competing priorities, under time constraints.
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all points of contact, supervisors and managers within all CBP program offices, senior leadership, the
- Office of the Executive Secretariat, and the Commissioner’s Office staff or equivalent personnel.
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing in order to review and critique responses to incoming inquiries and all correspondence packages.
- Must have achieved a minimum of “meet expectations/proficiency” on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment. DHS 250-2 Application Form under “required documents” section.
- Skilled to achieve thoroughness and accuracy in work products.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A