Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
We encourage you to read the entire announcement before submitting your application.
PKEMRA established the Surge Capacity Force (SCF) program to deploy federal employees in the aftermath of a major incident to support response and recovery efforts managed by FEMA. The Act enables federal employees who work every day in the service of the United States to extend their support to a culture of preparedness and volunteerism throughout the Federal Government family.
- Grade GS-15 and below
- Successful completion of your agency’s anti-harassment training within the last 365 days
- Full-time federal employee from any federal agency
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment. DHS 250-2 Application Form under “required documents” section.
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
- Have a valid federal government identification badge compliant with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD)-12 requirements from your Agency
- Have a valid Government-issued travel card
- Obtain supervisor approval
- Must have achieved a minimum of “meet expectations/proficiency” on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A