Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are mandated to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law as of November 22, 2021. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and submit documented proof of vaccination before appointment or onboarding with the agency. Upon selection, the agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement.
- Selective Service Registration Requirement: TSA policy requires verification of Selective Service registration for male applicants born after 12/31/59. To find out if you initially meet the Selective Service registration requirement for TSA employment, please Click Here.
- Credit: Applicants must not have delinquent Federal or State taxes, or past due child support payments.
- E-Verify: DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify , including your rights and responsibilities.
- Residency Requirement: To ensure adequate background investigative coverage, applicants are required to have resided within the United States for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position. For those applicants who do not meet this residency requirement, an exception may be granted under the following circumstances – (1) applicant worked for U.S. Government in foreign countries in federal civilian or military capacities; (2) applicant was or is a dependent accompanying a federal civilian or military employee serving in foreign countries; (3) applicant who studied abroad at a U.S. affiliated college or university; or (4) applicant who has a current and adequate federal background investigation completed for a federal or Government contractor position.
- Have a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician
- Be proficient in the English language (i.e., able to read, write, speak, and comprehend)
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A