Website Hollard Insurance
Hello… an exciting new opportunity has just become available in our Insure, Hollard Alternative Risk Transfer team. We are looking to recruit an Underwriter.
- To underwrite and price motor fleet risks, within developed and agreed guidelines and reinsurance limits, terms and conditions;
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with intermediaries and clients in order to attract develop and retain profitable business.
- Perform various analytical tasks to fully review and assess motor fleet risks to ensure their company provides the right amount of cover or assistance.
- Understand and comply with any reinsurance requirements to minimize risk and to deliver business plan objectives
- Establish, strengthen, and develop relationships with customers, brokers, business partners and colleagues to maximize influence and achieve business objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding and awareness of market dynamics and market cycle to enhance business performance
- Understand the internal underwriting processes and basic factors that affect the performance of an underwriting portfolio and how to monitor risk exposure
- Maintain expertise and team knowledge through identifying appropriate learning and development activities
- Participate in the review and analysis of the portfolio to identify progress toward business objectives
- Collect, review and analyse a client’ relevant claims history and risk profile
- Obtain additional information about the client to determine cover needs
- Determine the level of cover
- Offer recommendations on whether to accept or decline the risks
- Determine premium, limits, aggregate excesses, and deductibles
- Underwrite insurance risks in accordance with the business plan and the delegated underwriting authority/ mandate to meet business objectives
- Negotiating rates terms and conditions for existing and new business
- Issue policies and endorsement
- At least 3 – 5 General Insurance experience
- Underwriting Motor Fleet business, exposure to Aggregate Excesses structures and Burner premium calculations would be advantageous.
- Motor Fleet specific underwriting and reinsurance knowledge
- Detailed understanding of the methods of rating as applied to motor fleet and/or non-motor business including the principal of claims triangulations
- Knowledge of POPIA requirements, specifically in respect of data security and management of customer information
- Intermediate/ advance level to use standard MS office products being Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Communication skills, including speaking and writing
- Customer service skills
- In-depth understanding of motor fleets
- Advanced knowledge of regulations and best practices of insurance industry
- Educational Requirements
- Fais & RE Compliant
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, mathematics, economics, finance or LIISA, AIISA or FIISA qualification would be an advantage.
Company: Hollard Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A