The incumbent in the role is responsible for managing the engineering activities of the operation in a safe and efficient manner; to ensure compliance with the legal requirements and to improve the overall performance of the engineering department.
- Continuous improvement of productivity and limited downtime.
- Complying with all engineering legal requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Optimizing plant and equipment reliability and availability.
- 2 Years’ coal mining engineering experience at a Section Engineer level or 5 Years at an Engineering Superintendent level.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations, follow instructions and limit risk of non-compliance to the business.
- Ability to maintain high levels of individual and team performance by driving the achievement of goals, targets and financial objectives.
- Government Certificate of Competency.
- Registered as Pr. Cert Eng with ECSA will be advantageous.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Ability to apply practical skills and common sense to solve problems and deliver accountabilities.
- Ability to inspire and foster commitment, pride and trust amongst team members.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Witbank
Application Deadline: N/A