Website Government Employees Medical Scheme - GEMS
The position of Communication Specialist Web Services is vacant. The Communication Specialist Web Services will report directly to the Senior Manager: Marketing and Communication and forms part of the Member Service and Experience Division. The position is based at Head Office in Pretoria.
- Manage the layout, design and content of all digital communication platforms.
- Provide editorial and creative direction for the Scheme’s digital platforms.
- Support social media communications function to deliver a strong member and stakeholder value proposition.
- Ensure that the Scheme’s website and social media platforms are regularly updated with creative information.
- Ensure Scheme messages are communicated to targeted audience in a clear, timely and effective manner, using a high impact writing style and format.
- Create specific communications action plans, timelines, and defined deliverables that support the communication of corporate messages which aids the Scheme in shaping culture, driving engagement, and deliver results.
- Develop and implement a corporate communication strategy to support the organisational culture, knowledge, information and change management objectives of the Scheme.
- Manage the implementation and review of the digital communication guidelines.
- Identify and develop content for dissemination to staff through the Scheme’s digital platforms.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to integrate digital strategy and execution thereof.
- Be adaptable, proactive, deadline driven, results orientated, highly organised and detail orientated.
- A Diploma/Post-Graduate Diploma in Media (Multimedia/Web services/Digital Media), or equivalent NQF 6 qualification.
- Qualification and/or experience in managing digital channels and internal/corporate communications will serve as an advantage.
- Be confident at influencing at all levels of the organisation and be more than approachable with internal personal skills.
- Demonstrate expert proficiency with MS Windows/ MS Office Applications/Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Acrobat Professional) and Excel.
- Be proficient in multiple forms of communications technologies and approaches.
- Have outstanding listening and communication skills both written and oral.
- Be an expert writer in internal and external communications that are creative, engaging and informative.
- Have the proven ability to create creative content and craft key messages related to customer relations matters.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in digital media, website content management and maintenance, graphic design or multimedia environment and public relations experience.
Company: Government Employees Medical Scheme – GEMS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A