The Drilling Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Manager in staffing, planning, and directing drilling activities to meet the Company’s objectives of high productivity, cost effectiveness, and a safe work environment.
- Assists drillers in troubleshooting equipment and any down hole/sampling problems.
- Completes weekly, monthly and annual Maintenance forms, logs into Tero Marine Master V2.
- Completes OJT training log (per 2-week cruise) for both drillers and helpers.
- Assists the Master in gauging weather for workability.
- Responsible for drilling operations including operating the drill rig and with the assistance of the Driller’s
- Maintains accurate inventory in Tero Marine Master V2.
- Creates requisitions and work orders in Tero Marine Master V2.
- Tracks all certification records and informs supervisor when equipment needs to be re-certified.
- Performs routine audits of various departments (drilling, techs, engine room, etc)
- Helper mix mud, handle drill pipe, casing and other equipment.
- Adds or amends JSA’s where required.
- Reviews log to determine employee training needs, and then facilitates the necessary training.
- Makes recommendations as to when an employee is ready to move into the next phase of their career
- Completes monthly cable inspection report and logs into Tero Marine Master V2.
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to and participate in marine environment geotechnical drilling activities as required. Travel destinations include both domestic and international locations.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel
- A broad knowledge and understanding of principles and practices in the offshore drilling specialty.
- A general knowledge of computers with exposure to the MS Office suite.
- Ability to support and foster support toward the Company’s Quality Management System and Safety Management System
- Have minimum 10 plus years’ experience supervising drilling operations in an offshore environment.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A