Current Power provides electrical equipment, automation software and field support to drilling and pressure pumping companies within the energy industry.
The Field Service Engineer I will primarily be responsible for the implementation of electrical systems in the field after leaving the facility. The candidate should have knowledge of electrical power systems, AC and DC drive technology, and PLC and SCADA programming. The candidate should also possess the ability to apply mathematical and engineering principles to real world applications.
- Perform testing in accordance with FAT and in house test procedures when needed otherwise ensure that testing is performed per procedures.
- Responsible for troubleshooting test and field issues within the PLC and HMI coding.
- Generate work tasks, organize the ordering and delivery of equipment and materials, and oversee the efficient installation and commissioning of software and equipment.
- Provide continued support for projects after completion and field commissioning by phone in the form of troubleshooting or in person onsite when required.
- Create a field commissioning plan for equipment after leaving the facility.
- Responsible for assisting Project/Automation Engineer with designing and developing electrical systems including: generator controls, switchboards, AC or DC drives, motor control systems, panel boards and other components required for a functioning system according to customer specification when required.
- Assist with creation of custom electrical schematics/wiring diagrams, bills of material, networking schematics, and any other items necessary for a system that conforms to customer specifications when required.
- Work directly with third party contractors, Operations, Technical Services, and HSE management and rig crews to assist with the execution of a wide variety of company goals.
- Be capable of understanding control system theory to compile software code for new and existing systems that is tuned for optimal response.
- Perform commissioning of electrical equipment according to commissioning plan in the field.
- Create both in house and customer FAT test procedures as required by customer contract/in house test requirements under the instruction of the Project/Automation Engineer.
- Travel to customer jobsites to perform field service duties when necessary.
- Experience with Autocad Electrical.
- Experience with VFD drives and DC drives preferably with GE and Siemens.
- Safely navigate the work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather).
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Electrical or Controls and Automation.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Office Suite to develop presentations, correspondence, reports, and schedules (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Experience in Siemens PLC programming using Step7 software.
- Must have and maintain valid state-issued driver’s license, be eligible to drive a Company vehicle and meet the requirements of the Company’s vehicle program, policy and/or guidelines.
- Experience with standard field bus communications protocols. (Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Profinet, CANBUS, OPC UA, etc.).
- Ability to apply mathematical and engineering principles to real world applications.
- Work independently as well as part of a team, managing multiple tasks and working on multiple projects simultaneously to meet challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills and ability to promptly give and follow directions when working with others.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A