The Administration Assistant – Medical Benefits will work within the Medical Benefits pre-approval team and will be responsible for the provision of accurate approval authorisations and guidance to contracted Emirates medical providers. The role holder will manage emergency telephone approvals and be responsible for confirming cover based on an individual’s medical history, medical reports and treatment plan.
- Respond and communicate effectively to system pre-approvals where allocated
- Undertake preliminary approval analysis, establishing diagnosis, benefit, treatment and network details
- Guide contracted providers in line with the published Standard Operating Procedure between Emirates and contracted medical providers
- Review treatment costs and escalate medical overserving scenarios for manager review
- Administer approvals against published SLA and in line with appropriate medical guidelines and published protocols
- Ensure accuracy of all communication whether verbal or in writing whilst maintaining agreed levels of service and correct reference to policy
- Clinical medical experience is an advantage
- Computer literate, Proficiency in the MS Office Suite of Software. (Excel/Word/Power Point)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Educated to Bachelors level in a relevant medical field (nursing, pharmacy)
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a medical insurance field preferable gained in a pre-approval role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Medical
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A