Website Dubai Metro
Serco is looking for a Painter to join the team at Dubai Airports FM. The purpose of the position is to ensure satisfactory completion of minor planned and reactive maintenance works across the contract in painting, as required around the project.
- Operate and maintain various power and manual tools
- Remove previous paint by means of sandblasting, scraping, sanding, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Inspect and refurbish wall surfaces by means of the appropriate materials
- Provide assistance to semi-skilled or unskilled workers
- Prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, shading stains, and clear finishes
- Clean up job site after work and return equipment and tools
- Determine, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Read blueprints and drawings of the premise for the execution of painting job
- Apply wood finishing by suitably preparing surface
- Order paint supplies and materials
- Examine and maintain painted exterior and interior painted surfaces, trimming and fixtures
- Maintain logs of Volatile Organic Compound and spray volume
- Follow established protection procedures
- Apply paint, vinyl and wallpaper including special papers and fabrics to walls, furniture and structures
- Cover interior walls and ceilings with wallpaper or fabric.
- Provide support for the planned and reactive maintenance schedule both internally and externally to the property portfolio to ensure that all building fabric work requirements are undertaken in good time and completed to a high standard.
- Submit finished work orders to supervisor
- Ensure that all works are carried out quickly and quietly and do not interfere or disturb clients and staff.
- Operate and maintain high pressure low volume spray machines\
- Preferably holder of High School Diploma
- Good level of the English language both written and spoken
- Minimum 5 year experience in a building services civil works department in a commercial office building, healthcare or other suitable facilities management environment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of civil general maintenance services.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of building fabric and finishes, associated tools and equipment.
- Must hold relevant and recognized vocational trade qualifications in civil works such as carpentry, masonry, painting, glazing, plastering, carpets and flooring surfaces or equivalent.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A