Website Dubai Metro
Serco are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Aerodrome/ Tower Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team based at DWC in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for directing the movement of aircraft within assigned air space and on the ground to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates affords.
- Co-ordinate runway inspection and maintenance with least disruptions to flights
- Prepare ROSI (report of the safety incidents) according with reporting procedure for incidents, accidents or safety related occurrences
- Provide alerting service for aircraft in emergency and notify appropriate organizations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and assist such organizations as required
- Advise the MET office of significant weather changes
- Provide flight information service to aircraft operating in the air traffic control zone and issue IFR/VFR clearances to pilots
- Ensure self-briefing on latest TIs, SIs and weather information
- Provide weather information to pilots
- Monitor aerodrome equipment to ensure serviceability
- Provide flow control and slot allocation to departing aircraft
- Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the GCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
- Ensure standard separation between all inbound and outbound aircraft in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and unit procedures
- Ensure current flight plans are up to date and update delays as required
- Coordinate with approach to provide best sequence of inbound and outbound aircraft
- ICAO English Level 4 or above proficiency
- Adapts to change by maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
- Communicates Effectively through conveying a clear and concise information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Collaboration by demonstrating a proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- A validated Aerodrome Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A valid ATC Medical
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Aerodrome Rating at a major international airport
- Demonstrates Personal Drive by actively working towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A