Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
Working within a dedicated team to provide an export & import airfreight service to a client within the mining vertical, keeping the customer up to date on the movement of their cargo at all times.
- Completion of relevant shipping documents as prescribed by local &international authorities
- Ensure company performance objectives are achieved
- Co-ordinate the movement of cargo on behalf of clients
- Follow operational systems and procedures
- Develop and maintain working relationships, networks and partnerships that help achieve business goals
- Effectively apply verbal, non-verbal and written communication methods to achieve desired results from internal / external clients and colleagues on issues, changes and shipment status in line with client / Customs SOP’s
- Control expenses by actively monitoring waste within your control.
- Ensure best control of costs and transit at all times on all routes
- Problem solving skills: must be able to work with other colleagues, departments, 3rd party suppliers and clients in a proactive and professional manner
- Provide positive solutions to all problematic situations
- Find innovative ways of reducing errors and omissions
- Understand and exceed client’s expectations and requirements
- Provide innovative, effective solutions to client’s needs
- Ability to foresee problems arising and provide alternatives and solutions proactively
- Accountable for timeous resolution of outstanding debtors’ queries, foreign debtors’ queries, creditors reconciliation queries and foreign account queries under your control
- Accountable for on time billing to clients
- Managing clients KPIs / performance on a monthly basis and productivity of own desk
- Making special arrangements / involving the right level of individual to support on critical shipments.
- Support in after hour monitoring and tracking and tracing with carriers, arranging specials on weekends or facilitating communication and feedback on weekends.
- Min 3-year experience in freight forwarding.
- Must have knowledge of import & export air processes
- Matric (essential)
- Office 365 (Teams, OneNote, Forms), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Cargowise understanding and previous experience would be beneficial
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kempton Park
Application Deadline: N/A