Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
- Understand, apply the Customs Act and it’s extended schedules in line with processing Customs declarations for all modes.
- Process and ensure Customs Release for Customs Declarations for all modes (Import & Exports) are according to Department, Client KPI’s and Customs Legislation.
- Ensure correct tariff classification process are adhered and provide suggestions on tariffs not supplied.
- Ensure that the process for applying the Rules of Origin are applied to Customs Declarations.
- Ensure the proper Customs valuation methods are followed according to Customs legislation.
- Suggest training required for the team based on issues or errors from capturing of Customs Declaration and application of legislation.
- Assist and mentor Brokers, Customs and Learners as well as fellow colleagues.
- Report any errors and potential risks to management
- Assist with managing the workflow in the Customs Team to process work according to KPI’s and Customs Legislation
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in customs brokerage department
- Processing Customs Declaration, Tariffing and Adjustments
- Sound knowledge of Trade Agreements and ability to liaise with Clients
- Sound geographical knowledge both local and international
- Basic accounting – Understanding Debit and Credit
- Computer Literate
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A