Website Discovery Limited
The front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. The position will be supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
Combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between UI design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Providing all developers and systems teams within the Group with support on DUI (Discovery UI Framework)
- Design and prototype web-based applications
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Contributing to the skills development curriculum for Front-end web designers in the chapter
- Mentoring and coaching of other Front-end web designers
- Maintain and update DUI
- Contributing to the development and operationalization of the Front-end web design processes adopted by Digital Channels
- All technical front-end requirements and API integration for Discovery Design System
- Good knowledge of Flexbox and/or CSS Grid
- Basic knowledge/experience with Angular is advantageous
- Matric/Grade 12
- Relevant web and application design/development qualification
- 3 years working experience
- Experience in UX and UI design
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as
- Adobe and Figma is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Exposure/Experience to Gulp/Handlebars/GIT and code version controlling
- Git repository management (Bitbucket) knowledge would be advantageous.
- Customer Service Orientation, Result Orientation, Negotiation skills
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- Professional Communication (written, verbal/presenting and listening)
- Ability to build relationships with people from all different backgrounds and at different job levels
- A solid understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A