Website Discovery Limited
The primary focus of the role would be to spec, implement and test new products, servicing, limited offers, and fixes on the system. To ensure that testing is done thoroughly and proactively, with a focus on regression to avoid issues arising after go-live, with not only the new benefit but with existing benefits and processes. To provide support to the various teams throughout the business when manual calculations are required. The role involves working closely with the systems and testing teams to ensure successful implementaion of products and processes on all platforms.
- Providing product specifications for system developers and overseeing systems implementation
- Developing models, the test strategy and test cases to be used by the testing team
- Enhancing efficiencies of processes to reduce testing errors and manual requests
- Signing off actuarial values on digital platforms
- Providing actuarial values and showing the financial impact of the Shared Value to model to various teams throughout the business
- Experience in working with Databases (SQL).
- Knowledge of the Life Insurance market.
- Working experience as an Actuarial Analyst
- At least 1 to 3 years of working experience as an Actuarial Analyst/newly qualified Actuary within the Life Insurance industry.
- Matric with Mathematics
- Relevant Bachelor’s / Honours degree in Actuarial Science from an accredited institution.
- Strong statistical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Actuarial Modelling, Problem Solving, Data Analysis and information science
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- CA1 exam passed or exemption obtained.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A