Website Discovery Limited
Grow and build portfolio of independent brokers and ensure profitable new and existing business production through the establishment and management of strong intermediary relationships and service excellence with Discovery Business Insurance.
- Industry participation – represent Discovery Insure on all Industry platforms and keep abreast with market trends and competitor information
- Prepare and present presentations to demonstrate Discovery Insurer’s value proposition to intermediaries/franchises
- Provide quotations to intermediaries based on the company’s risk philosophy and procedures.
- New business acquisition – grow and retain existing business based on agreed targets.
- Relationship management – develop and manage strong relationships with Intermediaries and internal staff.
- Risk management – Evaluate quotations, endorsements and renewals to determine whether to accept, decline or cancel risks based on underwriting criteria
- Manage risk acceptance within re-insurance and survey risk requirements and conduct regular policy screening actions
- Assist with premium collection, policy reconciliation, bordereaux allocations and binder audits when required
- Facilitate the on-boarding new intermediaries and training requirements around product, system and processes.
- Portfolio management – prepare and disseminate monthly portfolio reports, including portfolio drivers (conversion rates, loss ratios, lapses, policy growth, etc.) to all stakeholders
- Sales and Marketing.
- Presentation skills.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Decision making / Independent thinking.
- Microsoft Office.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years underwriting experience in Personal and Commercial Short Term Insurance is (Essential).
- Successful candidates who have not completed an IISA designated qualification need to complete this within an agreed time frame.
- FAIS – Minimum credits as required (Personal Lines and Commercial) is (Essential).
- 3 years’ experience in Management of an Intermediary portfolio within Personal and Commercial Short Term Insurance environment is (Essential).
- Short term insurance qualification (IISA designation) is (Advantageous).
- Matric is (Essential).
- 10 years proven track record of managing and growing a profitable intermediary portfolio is (Advantageous).
- RE 5 (Representative) is (Essential).
- A relevant tertiary qualification is (Advantageous).
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A