Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Kwazulu Natal has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
- Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards
- Do thorough and proper vehicle searches throughout the day.
- Opening and closing procedures-to be present observant and vigilant at the opening and closing of the site.
- Ensure that all water taps turned off when applicable.
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- When problem situations or crisis arise or have been dealt with to maintain observing surroundings and report to management on findings and or changes in identified that intensify the situation.
- Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
- Protect the property and assets of the business from all dishonest persons, action or any acts of malicious behaviour that could result in the company suffering loss.
- Practice good customer service relations for all Dis-Chem internal and external customers.
- Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs to management and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
- Report any unusual or suspicious behaviour by staff, customer or suppliers.
- After a crisis, report the incident to management, the police or the appropriate authorities (such as the fire services in the case of a fire outbreak) with a detailed written report concerning the incident and your activities around the incident.
- Monitor the alarm systems and or video cameras and operate detecting/ emergency equipment when needed.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Random patrols of the premises on regularly basis to ensure optimal visibility and reduce risks.
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
- English – Read, write and speak well as it is the organization’s official language.
- A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- Fire emergency and relevant Health and Safety Training and exposure
- PSIRA knowledge
- At least 1 year specific previous experience in a similar role
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A