Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ has an opportunity available for a Clinic Receptionist to join their Table Bay store in the Western Cape. The main purpose of this role will be to attend to patients on the phone and in person. Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the clinic and support the delivery of quality patient care.
- Ensure the reception area is clean and maintained to safeguard the patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Ensure to take down caller details on all calls that come through to the switchboard for the third time, and email the relevant staff.
- Ensure you are taking the correct message from the callers – repeat the message to the caller for confirmation.
- Take extra care when taking caller contact details – repeat the details to the caller for confirmation.
- Inform patients of clinic procedures and manages patient’s records.
- Open new patient files according to standard procedures.
- Ensure customers, guest and callers receive relevant feedback, within good time, regarding queries.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Ensure patient information is correct.
- Process medical aid payments.
- Assist walk-in guests in reaching staff for in regards to meetings and/ or deliveries.
- Provide customers with area codes, work telephone numbers and other relevant information when requested.
- Move patients through appoints as scheduled.
- Obtain medical reports if required.
- Assists patients in completing necessary medical forms including medical insurances.
- Monitor and maintain the clinical equipment, stationery and medication required.
- Ask the caller adequate question to ensure the correct message is transferred.
- Ensure that messages or calls get transferred to the correct person at all times.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
- South African citizen
- Dedicated work station – Sit at desk most of the day
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A