Website Development Bank of Southern Africa - DBSA
The role of the Infrastructure Specialist is to ensure that the Banks’ Information Communication and Technology infrastructure services are available in line with the Service Level Agreement between the Information Communication and Technology Unit and business.
- Contribute to the formulation of Request for Proposals, Service Level Agreements, Service Catalogue, Information Communication and Technology Policies, Architecture and Strategy documents.
- Contribute to the development and review of the Service level Agreements between the Information Communication and Technology Unit and business including third parties on behalf of the Bank
- Research tools that aid to maintain the smooth operations of the Information Communication and Technology infrastructure services.
- Planning and scheduling of infrastructure projects impacting the Bank
- Research, recommend and implement Information Communication and Technology security policies
- Contribute to the formation and deployment of Disaster Recovery policies and guidelines
- Ensure compliance to change management processes and policies
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with team members, management and service providers
- Design, deploy and manage the patch management solution
- Define tools that aid to monitor infrastructure components
- Design, review and deployment of Information Communication and Technology infrastructure components
- Make use of collaboration tools to execute and monitor projects and manage Information Communication and Technology infrastructure resources
- Engage in knowledge transfer initiatives with Information Communication and Technology Infrastructure staff members
- Recommend Information Communication and Technology Infrastructure service improvement and optimization plans.
- Signs off installation completion reports and service delivery completion notices, by confirming the actual delivery and value derived.
- Prepare regular reports to management for the analysis and review of services
- Provide specialist Information Communication and Technology input into strategic projects
- Identification and scheduling of appropriate down time for maintenance and upgrades
- Formulation and evaluation of all installation standards, methodologies and processes
- Provide telephonic and remote assistance to Information Communication and Technology Infrastructure and Information Communication and Technology Services team members
- Must be prepared to be on standby and serve as an escalation point for the Information Communication and Technology Unit
- Develop, promote and implement innovative cost saving Information Communication and Technology solutions.
- Provide expert input into procurement motivation and decisions
- Monitor services delivered against the cost and monitor amounts charged against delivered services
- Maximise the performance, availability and capacity of the IT infrastructure
- A degree/diploma in IT or 7 years ICT infrastructure planning, design and implementation experience.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a and Microsoft Systems Administration environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience deploying server and storage infrastructure components
- Advanced knowledge of the design, implementation and management of Microsoft Active Directory environment, and Microsoft System Center environments
- Expert knowledge of voice over internet protocol (VoIP) infrastructures,virtualization environments and wireless network environments
- Ability to map and provide complex Information Communication and Technology solutions and advice in relation to the Banks’ strategy
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) practices
- Experience of running a disaster recovery environment
- Sound knowledge of Backup/restore technologies such as Veeam
- Manage the MS WSUS environment for the deployment of patched and security fixes
- Working knowledge of MS Office Professional and a basic knowledge of financial processes
- Manage Microsoft Azure subscriptions and resources
- Implement and manage storage
- Deploy and manage virtual machines (VMs)
- Configure and manage virtual networks
- Manage identities within the MS Azure environment
Company: Development Bank of Southern Africa – DBSA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand
Application Deadline: N/A