Website BMO Harris Bank
At BMO, sustaining consumer confidence and trust by ensuring the security, privacy and integrity of our business information is a priority. To manage risk and respond to evolving regulatory requirements, we must carefully evaluate the cyber security controls that our service providers and suppliers have in place. As a leader on the Third Party Risk Cybersecurity team, you’ll play a critical role in maturing the function. You’ll collaborate with team members, senior management, and stakeholders across the company to drive process improvements and ensure consistency. You’ll be part of the Cybersecurity Third Party Risk team, composed of a large team of professionals that cover the entire third party life cycle. The team works closely with counterparts in Procurement, other risk functions, business leaders, and third parties. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with leaders across the bank, and work closely with cybersecurity colleagues to further champion and evangelize third party security. You will have a fundamental role in driving high-visibility improvements to the overall program.
- Keep abreast of new technology trends and associated risks, including leading security practices, frameworks, cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure), and networking (zero trust, SASE). Lead in aligning the program to these trends.
- Improve the assessment process by updating and strengthening how control assurance is obtained. Collaborate with other internal cybersecurity domains to ensure the third party assessment process aligns with the latest internal policies and standards.
- Build relationships and consensus with internal and external stakeholders. Work with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and negotiate outcomes.
- Create professional presentations that are meaningful, concise and persuasive.
- Maintaining awareness of the current and emerging threats in the cybersecurity supply chain. Identify threats, model risk, and lead efforts to respond.
- Lead initiatives to evangelize third party security.
- Work with software development teams to improve, replace, and/or further integrate GRC, monitoring, and other tooling in the TPRM stack.
- Review and challenge the work performed by other assessment team members, setting the “tone” for the quality and rigor of assessments.
- Should feel comfortable working with colleagues to provide feedback, and serving as a coach/mentor.
- Improve continuous monitoring practices and further integrate OSINT into the program.
- Lead and occasionally perform assessments of high risk third parties.
- Lead wide-ranging high visibility projects to mature and improve the third party program. You will be directly involved in developing these projects from idea/conception to implementation. This role is expected to collaborate regularly with leadership to foster new ideas and problem solve.
- This is a leadership role, and will be a member of leadership meetings. While this role is not a direct manager or a people- leader role, this role will have significant influence in the organization, including be a delegate/deputy for other managers on the team.
- Coach, mentor and review the assessments of junior third party assessors.
- Multiple information security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).Possesses an expert level of knowledge of information security processes, procedures and controls.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or
- Information Systems or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Understanding of industry standards and frameworks e.g. NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF), ISO 27001 and 27002 – In-depth/Expert.
- Mandatory hands-on experience with Cloud risk assessments ( MUST HAVE experience with AWS Admin Console or other Cloud services like Azure or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle – In-depth/Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Knowledge of the technical/business environment and the corporate processes and procedures – In-depth/Expert.
- Must have significant history in risk assessment and third party Cyber Risk management.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Min of 5 – 10 years of deep experience in 3rd Party Risk Assessment and governance, likely with substantial experience with using standards like NIST, ISO, and CIS to perform audits. Alternatively, a history of diverse experience across many information security roles could be a replacement for significant risk assessment experience.
- Influence skills – In-depth / Expert.
Company: BMO Harris Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A