As a Security Compliance Manager within the Security Assurance Compliance Operations team, you will oversee the execution our program for evaluating compliance with industry standards (ISO, SOC), federal regulations (FedRAMP/NIST, DOD) and customer contractual requirements. You will have complete ownership and accountability of programs from start to finish, aimed at improving the AWS personnel screening compliance and risk monitoring. The successful candidate is comfortable interacting with both technology and business leaders across the organization at all levels. You will drive consensus among stakeholders and verify that controls are effective, or remediated to become effective. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
- Assist in evaluating new compliance programs and requirements and help transition ongoing operations of all compliance programs to long-term control owners within the organization.
- Improvement and/or development of new screening compliance programs.
- Assist in the development and tracking of Compliance Operations metrics, such as the number of open exceptions, number of open support requests, and burndown rates for given programs.
- Be comfortable influencing change, earning trust with stakeholders, enhancing the customer experience, and driving the completion of the programs you are responsible for.
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity and across multiple audiences.
- Manager underlying programs, coordinate Stakeholder management and Sr. Leadership program update communications.
- Develop weekly/monthly reports that capture key business trends, highlights, lowlights, and metrics as the compliance programs are conducted.
- Provide status, recommended updates, and detailed metrics and evidence.
- Understanding of the AWS service catalog.
- 5+ years experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals.
- 5+ years supervising a small team of security or compliance specialists.
- Masters degree or higher (or in the progress of working toward a higher degree).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, SQL and/or Tableau experience
- Advanced knowledge of NIST, ISO, SOC and/or related frameworks.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Experience supporting enterprise-wide Security Compliance programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize control gaps and audit findings.
- Experience with metrics-based projects and utilizing metrics to gauge risk and success.
- 4+ years of experience working in an operations environment, driving improvements resulting in measurable business impact.
- 5+ years proven knowledge of program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- High level of comfort in communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- 5+ years of Security Compliance program monitoring & reporting.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A