The Senior Cyber Security Engineer (Incident Response) is a subject matter expert in the operation of a wide range of security technologies as well as analyzing and responding to cyber security threats that actively target businesses today. This person will assist in commanding the first, and second lines of cyber defense for Copart’s information technology assets while having partial responsibility for oversight and escalations from an internal, multi-national, established, 24x7x365 incident response team.
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux and OSX.
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies and how to apply cyber security.
- Responsible in assisting on metrics creation, reporting and presentation to senior leadership for incident response activities.
- Strong knowledge on Firewalls, DNS Filtering, EDR, IDS/IPS, Email Security, MFA, Active Directory and Networking.
- Ability to command a team consisting of multiple non security technology departments (Help Desk, Network Engineering, DEVOPS, Systems Engineering and others) in scenarios where coordinated response is required.
- Strong understanding of exploits, vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Understanding of Threat Hunting and Threat Intelligence techniques.
- Advising and coaching first and second level incident responders.
- Able to utilize emotional intelligence and business operation consideration when making cyber security related decisions.
- Assist in composing cyber security related communications for a wide audience.
- Personality traits like critical thinking, strong team player, self-starter, eagerness to learn.
- Years of experience — 1+ year in enterprise security
- Ability to adjust and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years in a technology role
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of network ports, protocols, and associated cyber security defense measures.
- Understanding of web application security is a plus.
- Schooling Requirement– High school equivalency or GED
- Certifications — Good to have, not a requirement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A