Website Clicks Group
To ensure the efficient operation of the store and service excellence by leading and directing the store operations team in order to meet sales, profit and compliance targets, leading to a competitive advantage for the brand.
- To successfully manage in-store execution of all visual merchandising, ensuring that in-store presentation and promotional standards are maintained and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To ensure competent and motivated employees through effective selection, leadership, management and on-going development in order to build capacity and capability to meet current and future business needs.
- To adequately schedule staff in line with the Group’s labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To ensure all administrative responsibilities are attended to in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store and take corrective action that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To build and maintain sound working relationships with relevant stakeholders (centre managers, suppliers, DC’s) to ensure business objectives are achieved and opportunities are maximised.
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales, tracking daily targets, weekly and monthly sales plans and proactively taking appropriate action as required.
- To efficiently manage and control all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To maintain an awareness of customer trends, demographics and needs and monitor the activity of local competitors in order to capitalise on opportunities.
- To drive cohesion, consistency and integration between the store operation, pharmacy and clinic teams.
- To drive a high performing business culture that delivers employee affiliation, customer satisfaction and shareholder value.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment or successful completion the Clicks Trainee Store Management Programme
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
- Sound managerial skills
- Results and target driven
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Essential: B. Degree or Diploma in retail / finance management, pharmacy or related (External applicants)
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of Customer service excellence
- Sound understanding and application of financial management principles
- Strong retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
Company: Clicks Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A