Website American Iron & Metal (AIM)
Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3 000 000 tons of metal every year across the globe. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to the maximum of their capacity. For more than 80 years, we have been uniting our strengths to make a positive difference. Join our team to contribute to our company’s growth and to support our recycling activities in North America.
- Lubricates moving parts of equipment throughout the facility.
- Changes oil in machine reservoirs; cleans and replaces oil filters—dust collector.
- Ensures that automatic lubrication equipment operates correctly, replacing empty drums or malfunctioning lines.
- Fills automatic dispensers.
- Identifies machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance through provided work orders and specifications.
- Identifies when and what type of preventive maintenance is required for fixed assets equipment; performs the maintenance, reporting any need for additional maintenance or repairs.
- Removes excessive oil and grease from machinery, absorbent, rags, drums and tools from the area or machine.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and company laws, regulations, and health, safety, and environmental protection guidelines.
- Dropping oil samples for the test and pick up/drop off some urgent parts to the Vendor or suppliers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools being used.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a G driving License.
- Ability and willingness to wear safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, face shields, and additional personal protective equipment.
- Prolonged periods are standing, crouching, bending, climbing, stooping, reaching, twisting, pushing, and pulling in order to perform the job.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Understanding of Lock out/Tag out.
Company: American Iron & Metal (AIM)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A