Performs a full range of cleaning tasks involved in the maintenance of a designated area utilizing heavy industrial type equipment.
- Receives specific oral or written instructions and assignments from supervisor or crew leader. Work is reviewed frequently for cleanliness and performance.
- Maintains a specific area orderly and clean. Sets up own schedule and sequence which states the required frequency of each task.
- Scrubs strips waxes and polishes floors using heavy industrial type vacuum cleaner. Adjusts cleans and oils these machines and changes brushes rollers buffers and other attachments. Sweeps floor hallways empties garbage dusts office furniture and empties ash trays shampoos rugs cleans air vents disinfects and deodorizes toilet bowls lavatories etc.
- Washes and replaces venetian blinds and washes ceiling fixtures changes light bulbs and room partitions using ladders and scaffolds.
- Cleans and maintains machines equipment and makes adjustments accordingly. Reports all equipment malfunctions to supervisor and performs minor repairs to equipment.
- Removes stains from a variety of surfaces such as rugs drapes walls floors and fixtures by use of chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Moves heavy furniture supplies and equipment.
- Cleans windows and doors inside and out at ground levels.
- May operate a motor vehicle in the performance of the above duties on a limited basis.
Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving setting up and working from ladders and scaffolds. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing about 40 pounds and occasionally objects weighing over 50 pounds.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A