Website Whole Foods Market
Performs all duties to maintaining general cleanliness and safety on the floor, in seating areas, restrooms, and back offices. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Performs continual cleaning of all store departments.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Supports all teams with cleaning projects.
- Helps maintain the store’s landscaping and parking lot.
- Performs minor repairs and improvements.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Helps with cleaning emergencies.
- Provides excellent maintenance service.
- Performs all duties on the daily and weekly maintenance lists.
- Participates in ordering supplied required for store maintenance.
- Demonstrates concern for the overall appearance of the store.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Demonstrates a passion for cleanliness
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Knowledge of WFM culture, quality standards, core values, and products.
- Ability to handle unpleasant tasks with a positive attitude.
- Ability to follow instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain professional and appropriate conduct.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A