Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geomechanics Specialist through August30th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Central Time).
- Conduct Finite Element modeling and or coupled flow and geomechanics modeling. Manage, create, and analyze Mechanical Earth Models.
- Conduct analyses and manage projects to address geomechanical challenges such as: fracturing, fault reactivation, subsidence/compaction, PI decline, fractured injector performance, wellbore stability, sand production, induced seismicity, etc.
- Integrate geological and geophysical data into the construction and interpretation of geomechanical models.
- Initiate and conduct research and development in well and reservoir geomechanics to address business needs.
- Familiarity with all or a subset of the following workflows: geomechanics coupling, Mechanical Earth Model (MEM) creation, finite element modeling, and geophysical-geomechanical data integration.
- Quantified experience: A minimum of 3-5 years experience. A relevant geomechanics-related research topic in grad school could be considered as part of this requirement.
- Able to provide mentoring and training to less experienced staff. Encourage new ideas. Adapt to change. Enable others to develop beyond existing skillset.
- Education: PhD in Petroleum, Earth Science, Rock Mechanics, Geomechanics, Geophysics or affiliated fields is required
- Demonstrated skills in geomechanics. Proven skillset to address challenges such as: fracturing, fault reactivation, subsidence/compaction, PI decline, fractured injector performance, wellbore stability, sand production, induced seismicity, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage and maintain a broad and diverse base of mutually beneficial relationships. Ability to determine customer needs, educate customers on solutions and manage customer expectations. Take responsibility for outcomes. Foster positive relationships.
- Ensure inclusive treatment of others. Share information & resources. Promote healthy debate.
- Able to guide and support technology development in response to business needs.
- Knowledge of structural geology and/or geophysics and of characterization of natural fractures.
- Familiarity with Petrel or similar earth-modeling software.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A