Website Canadian Specialist Hospital
Medical transcriptionists listen to voice recordings that physicians and other healthcare professionals make and convert them into written reports. They may also review and edit medical documents created using speech recognition technology. Transcriptionists interpret medical terminology and abbreviations in preparing patients’ medical histories, discharge summaries, and other documents.
- Good understanding of standard medical documentation like OT notes, Discharge summaries, etc., including medical jargons.
- Great typing skills of not less than 55 – 60 words per minute and well versed with Word and Excel.
- Proven skills in English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and editing.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values.
- Knowledge of specialty (or specialties) as appropriate.
- Ability to understand and apply relevant legal concepts (e.g., confidentiality).
- Should be able to identify accents of multi nationalities
- Ability to concentrate, excellent listening skills, and excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
- Ability to operate word processing equipment, dictation and transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified.
- Ability to use designated professional reference materials including ICD 10.
- Reporting and log maintenance.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- At least one (1) or more years in healthcare setup.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Graduate with a Medical Transcriptionist Diploma / Certificate Course or its equivalent.
- Proofreading experience is an advantage.
Company: Canadian Specialist Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management, Manufacturing
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A