The Paediatric Nurse Mentor’s primary responsibility is to support Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Programs implementation and reporting activities across the district. The Paediatric Nurse Mentor is expected to collaborate very closely with the Cluster Team Leads (CTL) and Primary Health Care Area Manager (PHCAMs) across all clusters in the district to ensure Paediatric HIV and PMTCT activities across the cascade are implemented with fidelity and reported into the district data for onward reporting to NDoH and USAID.
The Paediatric Nurse Mentor will work with PHCAMs, CTLs, Professional Nurses, testers and data capturers in all facilities providing Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT services and reporting, with oversight guidance from the Paediatric Clinical Specialist.
- Work across all district teams to ensure that Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT activities are implemented as per the workplan.
- Establish, implement and monitor Paediatric/Adolescent Care Days in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in selected high-volume facilities.
- Conduct site support visits to underperforming facilities and provide TA support.
- Monitor PMTCT performance against target with a focus on facilities with outlier performance and provide support directed by gaps identified.
- Support the implementation of all key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT program areas including case finding, linkage to care, KidzAlive/Disclosure services, ARV optimisation, MMSD, Decanting, viral load completion and suppression.
- Monitor district Paediatrics/Adolescent performance indicators against targets across all supported facilities with a focus on facilities with largest gap in performance.
- Establish, facilitate and/or monitor close collaborations between BroadReach, DoH and OVC Partners within the district and facilities.
- Support District and Subdistrict nerve centre meetings to address priority Paediatric/PMTCT program gaps.
- Train and mentor clinicians on key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Program areas.
- Identify key program gaps and develop improvement plans to address gaps identified.
- Conduct file audits for Paediatrics/ Adolescent HIV and PMTCT.
- Liaise with the CTLs and PHCAMs to provide targeted interventions to underperforming facilities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in PHC setting in Paediatric HIV care and treatment
- NIMART/CMART trained
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- IMCI training and certificate
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on USAID/PEPFAR funded programmes
- Teaching, training or mentoring experience is a must
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and knowledge of public health facilities
- Post graduate diploma in Child Nursing (Paediatric Nurse Specialist)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional Nurse with SANC membership with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Primary Health Care Diploma
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gert Sibande
Application Deadline: N/A