Provides direct clinic services, advise, train, coach and mentor facility and hospital level Department of Health (DoH) & BroadReach staff in line with guidelines, policy and/or evolving DoH needs. Driving the 90-90-90 HIV and TB agendas for adults and children at facility and district/cluster level, ensuring that patients are being tested for HIV/TB captured in the care system, treated with antiretroviral and/or TB treatment, and are virally suppressed and/or cured of TB. Ensuring health system strengthening models, initiatives, protocols and guideline are being implemented by target high impact facilities and hospitals that facility staff are continuously identifying and addressing clients as well as facilitating on-site coaching and mentoring.
- Train and mentor clinicians on key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Program areas.
- Identify key program gaps and develop improvement plans to address gaps identified.
- Establish, implement and monitor Paediatric/Adolescent Care Days in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in selected high-volume facilities.
- Liaise with the CTLs and PHCAMs to provide targeted interventions to underperforming facilities.
- Monitor PMTCT performance against target with a focus on facilities with outlier performance and provide support directed by gaps identified.
- Conduct file audits for Paediatrics/ Adolescent HIV and PMTCT.
- Monitor district Paediatrics/Adolescent performance indicators against targets across all supported facilities with a focus on facilities with largest gap in performance.
- Conduct site support visits to underperforming facilities and provide TA support.
- Work across all district teams to ensure that Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT activities are implemented as per the workplan.
- Support the implementation of all key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT program areas including case finding, linkage to care, KidzAlive/Disclosure services, ARV optimisation, MMSD, Decanting, viral load completion and suppression.
- Experience in teaching and supervision of clinicians in HIV/AIDS programs is essential with experience in delivering presentations and facilitating workshops
- Understanding of 90-90-90 HIV and TB agendas for children and adults
- A minimum of 3 years of postgraduate experience working with USAID, CDC, PEPFAR or any donor funded projects/programs across multiple facilities.
- Experience in conducting clinical audits with subsequent technical assistance and report compilation is essential
- Understanding of healthcare systems, the local political landscape involved in Facility, Sub-district and District level in resource limited settings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues and current guidelines related to HIV/AIDS is essential
- A minimum of 7-10 years clinical experience, of which 5 years must be clinical HIV/AIDS experience including the provision of ART
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nkangala, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A