Website Bidvest Bank
Bidvest Bank is looking for a FICA Compliance Analyst to effectively provide assistance to business units with understanding FICA KYC/CDD and PEP/PEC requirements; to conduct monitoring of business units’, including Strategic Alliance Partners, compliance with the various FICA KYC/CDD and PEP requirements for both individual and corporate customers and compiling of reports to relevant role players/management. As an analyst guidance will be provided to other analysts and BU Compliance Officers regarding FICA compliance related matters. Responsible for 1st level review of FICA compliance exception applications (both on individual and corporate level) and making recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. Enhanced due diligence investigations regarding potential/existing customers on request. Ensuring compliance with the FICA requirements, and the company’s internal processes; policies; procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of Acts in relation to AML compliance procedures: FICA, POCA, POCDATARA, as well as internal policies and procedures
- Assist with the implementation of internal procedures.
- Investigating occurrences of KYC/CDD non-compliance.
- Interprets business unit/stakeholder requirements to provide timeous solutions.
- Provide appropriate advice to stakeholders pertaining to FICA Compliance matters.
- Assist with the maintenance of the internal system (Salesforce)
- Identify problem areas and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Analyse and assess business/customer requirements to provide timeous solutions.
- Responsiveness: Speed of responses, reaction time, going the extra mile, turnaround time.
- Building relationships.
- Assist in guiding merchants in understanding the PCI DSS (The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) Questionnaire & awareness
- Contribution to making the department a great place to work
- Effort to forge & maintain quality inter-personal relationships.
- Support and drive the business’s core values.
- Maintain a positive attitude and drive.
- Respond openly to feedback.
- Promote the sharing of knowledge.
- Show willingness to help others.
- Manage one’s own emotions (i.e. handling stress in a manner that does not disrupt the team effectiveness).
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism of performance.
- Take accountability for the achievement of operational objectives within own area of responsibility
- Internal Process
- Policy implementation and management
- Document Control
- Monthly reporting
- General reporting
- Take ownership for driving own career development
- Achievement of objectives/milestones set out in the development plan.
- Development of knowledge base and Intellectual Property.
- Broaden skills to ensure greater marketability and value within the bank.
- Tertiary qualification, relating to law/compliance Certificate in Money Laundering Control
- LLB/Compliance Qualification CAMS CISA certificate B-degree with Risk Management as a major
- Any other relevant certificate/qualification in field (including Forensic Investigations)
- At least 3 years’ of practical experience relating to FICA KYC/CDD at FICA KYC/CDD Compliance analyst level (including as BU compliance officer);
- Very good knowledge of KYC/CDD related legislation and regulations
- Very Good understanding of procedures and regulations in respect of high risk customers and enhanced due diligence
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (Competencies & level of competencies)
- Ability to identify weaknesses in the control environment and implement changes
- In depth Knowledge and experience of FICA & AML
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, while ensuring that assigned job responsibilities and department goals are met
- Compliance and Reporting
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep composed and level headed with partners and internal sales teams
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure
- Proficient in Banking systems
- Microsoft Office (intermediate Word and Excel skills)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of financial industry products and services would be advantages
- Ability to understand and efficiently analyse information from multiple sources
- Ability to identify and escalate sensitive issues with discretion
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Exception reporting knowledge
- Risk Management experience
Company: Bidvest Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandown
Application Deadline: N/A