The primary purpose of the technical designer is to support the product development process by owning and managing the technical specification and fit details throughout the different stages of sampling for specific product categories. This position requires an effective listener and communicator who understands how to partner with cross-functional teams in the development of the product; one who knows the customer and can partner tech leaders on activities to acquire the Brand’s vision while learning how to become a strong strategic partner and technical design leader. Individuals in this position must also support the growth and mentorship of the assistant and associate technical designers.
- Create technical spec packages including technical sketch, measurement spec, construction details, trim details and quality standards.
- Collaborate with senior technical designer, brand manager and design team to translate the product design and style vision into a consistent fit and quality level by the development of technical specification.
- Key communicator of technical information. Responsible for communicating with suppliers and cross functional team members to achieve the desired fit/quality for individual styles and product category.
- Build technical specifications including technical illustration, construction details/seam specification, measurement spec, trim requirements and block patterns where necessary.
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance with measurement, construction, style and fit intent.
- Ensure size and fit consistency within individual brands. Adhere to established blocks.
- Lead fit sessions with brand managers, design team, and buying partners. Offer technical expertise, and innovative solutions to achieve the desired fit expression based on brand profile.
- Responsible for maintaining all target calendar dates and partnering with cross functional team and vendor partners to achieve an on-time delivery.
- Generating and analyzing sample status and sales reports to determine any development issues. Collaborate with vendor to resolve issues as necessary.
- Monitor the follow up and tracking of samples to maintain delivery dates.
- Performing store audits to ensure consistent quality and fit within brands. In special cases, finding production issues and reporting back to team.
- Pattern adjustment and pattern making, grading skills. Block pattern development.
- Make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with cross functional teams on matters pertaining to specs, patterns, construction and techniques to improve fit, balance and overall quality of garment.
- Possess accountability for the accuracy of all data in PLM.
- Ensure the product meets all quality and safety standards.
- Participates in department and company wide special projects as appropriate to skill set.
Qualification & Experience:
- BS, BA Pattern making, Fashion Design, Technical Design or related program.
- 5+ years technical design, pattern making or related experience required
- Flat pattern knowledge, pattern manipulation, draping and grading skills.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of web based product development program, Adobe Illustrator, Windows applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A