- BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent – Leverage your bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field as well as your engineering license.
- Be responsible for the development and execution of capital project improvements and asset replacements within our operating units at the McIntosh, AL site.
- Work closely in teams consisting of Operations, Technology, Design, EHS, and Procurement personnel to ensure the safe and effective implementation of plant expansion, process debottlenecking, and infrastructure improvement projects.
- A Project Engineer will support capital investment and process safety projects for the McIntosh site and be a focal point of responsibility, authority, and technical expertise of these capital investments and process safety improvements.
- Be responsible for providing project management on assigned projects to assure proper design, procurement, and construction of capital and expense projects, usually <$5M, per regulatory and BASF standards.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promote a safe working environment for project execution.
- Perform procurement activities as required, including preparing specifications, issuing requisitions, evaluating bids, and dealing with vendors and work with Procurement and comply with applicable guidelines.
- Request and coordinate required process and discipline engineering and design resources, whether from the site, corporate groups, or outside engineering vendors, to prepare engineering design deliverables and Procure equipment, fabricated materials, and services as well as develop project scopes, generate and/or obtain cost estimates, and prepare appropriation funding requests.
- Ensure appropriate project safety reviews are completed as required, both before and after approval and utilize applicable Value-Based Engineering practices (VBE) to optimize project scope and costs.
- Knowledge of chemical process equipment: rotating equipment, heat transfer, solids handling, storage tanks, and vessels.
- Strong customer focus capabilities to closely interact with multiple organizational levels and will maintain partnerships with assigned project manufacturing representatives to Execute projects from initial scoping and funding, through detailed engineering and procurement, to start-up and commissioning, and final documentation and closure as well as follow-through to ensure that Operations achieves a successful project startup, and that any project-related action items are completed.
- Your experience chemical manufacturing or a related field will serve you well as you will enlist Construction involvement during design effort and Provide support to construction and others as required and Install the scope of work as well as adhere to current corporate and plant requirements for equipment/materials specifications and vendor preferences.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mcintosh, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A