We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Procurement Hub Manager (2202089) – Geismar, LA Where the Chemistry Happens We are seeking a professional like you to provide strategic procurement direction and guidance to a team of 4-7 technical procurement buyers supporting small and large sites in the Southeastern United States. You, along with your team, will engage with the associated business units and suppliers to align supplier capabilities with BASF strategic priorities and explore creative and strategic supply solutions for new and existing technical materials and services. You will also support the North American region in the development of category strategies and ensure that your team effectively implements category strategies at the sites in your hub. Additionally, you will run reports in SAP and utilize other systems as needed to effectively drive results.
- Leveraging your educational background in Business, Purchasing, Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, as well as your professional experience in Maintenance, Engineering, Procurement, or Production/Operations/Manufacturing, you will lead a team of BASF Technical Procurement Buyers whose main activity is to buy technical goods and services.
- Demonstrating your skills in contract negotiations, you will lead your team and in successfully managing the sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) for key contracts and complex negotiations to ensure the most competitive supply advantage for BASF.
- Successfully engaging across the business, you will foster a collaborative, integrated working relationship between Technical Buyers and the other functions such as Engineering, Legal and Business Units to jointly achieve success in sourcing activities. Additionally, you will interact with Category Buyers, business stakeholders, central and regional Engineering teams, and work closely with Legal group on contractual matters.
- As an effective leader, you will supervise, mentor and direct the workflow of direct reports, setting high performance standards and leading continuous improvement efforts in the organization.
- Supporting the development of supply strategies for the North American region, you will work closely with the sites and Procurement Category Management to develop and implement sourcing strategies for products related to this portfolio directly and through your team.
- Ensuring compliance to procurement policies and procedures for your team and supporting the behavior management element with your internal stakeholders to accomplish the same is a key success factor for this role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Geismar, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A