We are seeking a professional like you to serve as Facilities Manager. In this role, you will be accountable for Union Facility Infrastructure and for maintaining reliability of the systems. You will also manage Union Facility utilities, physical security and safety, parking facilities, grounds keeping, maintenance, small capital investments, daily operations, general administrative support, housekeeping, service reliability and continuous improvement of these activities.
- Your unwavering commitment to workplace health and safety will be evident as you ensure a Safe Environment for all persons on the site and that the site is in full compliance with all local, state and federal EHS regulations. You will also prepare and maintain Environmental Health and Safety operating logs/other regulatory reports in collaboration with EHS site specialists.
- Demonstrating your strong leadership skills, you will provide administrative support for the site and be responsible for all Shipping/Receiving Activities to ensure goods are shipped and received safely and follow BASF policies under SAP. In doing so, you will manage direct reports for both functions. You will also use these skills as you build and develop “The Best Team” by providing coaching, performance feedback, and development plans that strengthen and grow the team’s skills and behaviors.
- Working with leadership, you will be accountable for developing the Union Site Operating Budget and manage annual spending within the plan.
- Utilizing your robust analytical skills, you will analyze, understand spending variances (including variances in utility bills), and communicate deviations from plan prior to spending to build alignment and approval.
- Leveraging your education in engineering (preference in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical) and/or previous related experience and your experience with Facility Engineering and/or Facility Management or similar experience, you will contribute to the site improvements to ensure sustainable operations and alignment with stakeholder growth-change plans.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will collaborate with Facility Managers of other BASF sites to ensure best practice sharing and interface with Project engineers (peers) for smooth execution of site capital and expense projects.
- Applying your experience with managing contractors, you will manage all contractors / contracts to ensure Safe Work, professional results, and cost-effective services.
- Your knowledge of Security Systems (access control, cameras, etc.) will aid you as you manage Union site Security and ensure a secure site complex by managing the security contractors and systems.
- Your effective written and verbal communication skills will serve you well as you act as a site representative and liaison for any governmental agencies or inspections while maintaining BASF’s License to Operate.
- Relying on your knowledge of HVAC systems, building automation systems and other utilities, as well as any knowledge you may have of safety systems such as safe work permitting, incident investigation, and the like, you will lead and manage Responsible Care Union site audit and reporting associated with it.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A