We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for supporting the day to day operation of the Acetylene plant. You will play an important role in driving standardization across shifts, optimizing fixed and variable unit costs, and working closely with other support groups like Process Engineering and Maintenance to ensure that proper priorities are placed on items in the Projects & Maintenance backlog. You will also be instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts when problems arise – you will be a solution provider.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the automation strategy, identification and implementation of Process Optimization / Lean Opportunities within the technology, demonstration of leadership in safe plant operation and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies.
- Demonstrating your problem-solving ability and knowledge of DCS and PLC programing (experience with Siemens, Triconix and HIMA are preferred) you will use computer systems, programming and DCS/PLC management and optimization to ensure the integrity and smooth operation of these systems and to be able to use the system to gather necessary data for process improvements and process trials. You will also train others on these systems when necessary.
- Your ability to think strategically will be essential as you provide data analysis and root cause analysis to solve problems on a day to day basis, upon nonconformance and through strategic objectives. In addition, you will be able to further leverage your experience and knowledge in the implementation of proactive maintenance programs and spare parts strategies for critical equipment.
- Your commitment to efficiency will be evident as you assist the Asset Effectiveness team in the assignment of lost production via AE tool.
- Leveraging your education in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred) and your years of field troubleshooting, or commissioning experience related to controls equipment, you will provide support to maintenance in troubleshooting / upgrade of the equipment that will include troubleshooting of tuning and optimization of PID loops. You will also train the production and maintenance team members as required.
- Working collaboratively, you will assist the Shift Supervisors and Maintenance Team in the coordination, planning, and execution of shutdown or turnaround work including maintenance and capital activities. Additionally, you will coordinate with AE Management on the scheduling / execution of inspection (SIS, PSV, NDE inspections, OCI’s, etc.) work and outages. SIS certification is desired.
- Successfully engaging across the business, you will support Capital Plan and Project Execution of existing and future Capital projects as a Manufacturing Representative.
- Your analytical thinking will be vital as you design, program, and commission complex electrical and pneumatic control systems and lead modifications of existing systems.
- Your strong organizational skills will be a valued asset as you ensure proper documentation of operating files, records, procedures, and technical files and the annual recertification of their applicability.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A