We are seeking a Cathode Active Materials expert for this Technology Manager opening. In this role, you will be responsible for leading all technical aspects of cathode active material qualification with our customers and be a key contributor to product development strategy. You will Initiate and steer customer-specific R&D projects to define product and technology strategies and find solutions to fill the technical gap. This role requires you to work outside the office and travel up to 30%, with focus on the North American region. The selected candidate will be based in a virtual office anywhere in the continguous United States, with a preference for candidates located near BASF sites/customers. Relocation assistance is available if needed or applicable based on the selected candidate’s current location.
- Leveraging your Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field such as chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science, you will lead all technical aspects of cathode active material qualification with the customer and be accountable for the effectiveness of the technical team to serve the customer efficiently in collaboration with global R&D & Sales.
- Relying upon your experience in automotive or battery value chain, you will act as a technical resource in BASF global battery materials team and serve as a consultant to review, evaluate, assess, and compile existing and new IP of BASF as well as third parties.
- Your proven technical background will serve you well, as you identify customer specifications and BASF technical gaps based on customer demands. You will also collect market- and customer-driven ideas for new projects and products, competition-related intelligence to share with the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Your excellent communication skills will enable you to steer materials-specific R&D projects in alignment with Regional Marketing and Global Innovation teams, while developing strong customer relationships to support launch of new products and troubleshooting for the customer.
- Displaying your experience as a sales representative, you will manage and align a multitude of interfaces and interdependencies across the organization (R&D, Commercial Account Management, Marketing, Product Management, Strategy) and across geographies. You will also select the right CAM for the customer, in close dialogue with the corresponding Commercial Account Manager, Product Development and R&D teams.
- Applying your robust technical background and experience in pCAM, CAM, battery electrodes, and battery cells, you will be a key contributor to product development strategy by eliciting and sharing industry technology concepts to global R&D. You will also provide technical input to the quotation/RfQ, including product specifications, warranties, and application window in alignment with Commercial Account Manager, Regional Product Management or Regional Marketing.
- Demonstrating your exceptional ability to work, interact, and collaborate well both within your team and external partners, you will provide customer specification requirements to Regional Product Manager and Regional Quality Manager to set up product specifications for material production, as well as develop value propositions with the Commercial Account Manager.
- Combining your ability to self-motivated with your drive to provide a measurable impact on business success, you will initiate and steer customer-specific R&D projects to define product and technology strategies for each customer demand and find solutions to fill the technical gap.
- Acting as technical resource in BASF global battery materials team, you will Contribute to IP studies, such as FTO analyses and IP landscape projects, identify white space opportunities for capturing IP (new filing, acquisition, licensing in and out), strengthen the focus of our intellectual property portfolio based on market needs, as well as work optimally and efficiently with attorneys on patent matters.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A