This position is responsible for providing instrument and electrical engineering expertise to an assigned area of the site. This position is to assure proper design, installation and repair of instrument and electrical equipment according to regulatory and BASF standards. This position provides expertise to support maintenance, operations, and capital project activities. Additionally, this position ensures a culture of continuous improvement employing LEAN Manufacturing tools. The scope is instrumentation and electrical less than 600 volts.
- Leveraging your education in Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering with a Minor in Electrical Engineering and your related experience in either a chemical/petrochemical or refinery operation, you will perform equipment updates and reliability improvements.
- Demonstrating your knowledge and experience in providing technical guidance, you will provide technical support to Production, Project Engineering, Turnaround and other Maintenance staff.
- Applying your sound technical knowledge of instrumentation, electrical, and mechanical equipment, you will lead and participate on Accident/Incident investigations and RCFA teams.
- Your working and/or educational knowledge of maintenance activities associated with process equipment such as power distribution systems up to 5KV, pressure, level and temperature instrumentation, various types of analyzers and sampling systems will be essential as you complete action items generated from Audits, PHA’s, Accident/Incident Investigations and MOC’s.
- Your ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills within a diverse environment will serve you well as you direct equipment repairs involving on and off-site contract personnel.
- Successfully engaging within the site, you will participate in PHA reviews.
- Contributing effectively with your self-motivated work style and strong leadership ability, you will assist in managing SIS systems and associated documentation and lead SIS functional checks.
- Your knowledge of applicable industry codes (OSHA, NFPA, NEMA, PSM etc.) will be useful as you create, review and edit procedures related to repairs, mechanical integrity and operation of equipment.
- Your keen attention to detail will be a valued asset as you ensure development of Critical Equipment list and Critical Spares Inventory. This includes monitoring and optimizing the stores system by considering site-wide needs.
- Your basic knowledge of SAP and how it is used to track costs and maintenance history will aid you as you research and communicate new technologies and maintenance practices to improve asset availability and optimize costs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A