At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
DMTA Process Operator – 2103681 – Beaumont, TX
Responsible for all process control within assigned area. Analyzes routine operating and analytical problems, exercises judgment, and takes appropriate action. Initiates corrective action for substandard performance in processes/equipment.
- Loading and unloading of trucks and railcars
- Ownership of company safety regulations and issues work permits when required
- Monitors DCS and maintains control of process
- Receives and acts upon supervisor instructions
- Notifies supervisor of abnormalities and corrective measures taken
- Notifies supervisor of the status of assigned area including work requests, lists for overhauls and shutdowns through verbal communication and written logs. Communicates status of assigned area to relief
- Cross trains to be ready to cover all other operator positions in other areas as requested by Supervisor
- Keeps abreast of operating and equipment changes made in assigned area
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all equipment and operations, especially procedures for emergency shutdown and start-up
- Coordinates efforts with operating personnel in related functions including assisting other operators in their areas and assisting in training of other operators.
- Coordinates mechanical activities in assigned area including: clearing and tagging equipment prior to mechanical work, following job progress, and accepting equipment upon completion of work, including satisfactory housekeeping
- Maintain control of process. Catches samples for laboratory testing. Receives, interprets and acts upon analytical results to keep process within parameters
- Maintains daily log on waste storage areas. Maintains daily record of leaks until repaired. Reacts immediately to any leaks or spills and report to supervisor as soon as possible
- May be required to work with waste that is deemed to be hazardous by RCRA or other regulation
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license is required.
- 2 years of experince in manufacturing or production required.
- PTEC or other post-secondary technical program
- Previous chemical operation experience
- Experience performing production mathematical calculations as a part of a daily routine.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A