The Dispersions business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, packaging, construction chemicals, adhesives and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
The Senior Production Manager, Dispersions Freeport supports the overall success of the Dispersions business in North America.
- Identify and manage all operational risks including EHS, regulatory, quality, cost, process optimization and reliability.
- Develop and implement budget, objectives, personnel plans, inventory management, and capital plans that align with the strategic objectives of the businesses supplied by this plant.
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF’s strategy
- Lead, coach, & develop the Dispersions plant team to achieve excellence in EHS performance; manufacturing capability; as well as meet customer expectations in flexibility, quality, and delivery.
- Drive a culture where continuous improvement, breakthrough performance, and an enjoyable work environment are expectations of all team members.
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to “hiring the best” internally and externally
- Develop and implement manufacturing and asset strategies to ensure assets are aligned with business strategies; that ensure technology transfers are issue-free; as well as provide for reliable & flexible product availability while maximizing asset utilization.
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Master’s degree preferred
- Work experience in the chemical industry preferred
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills with ability to analyze complex technical, operational and financial data and develop effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence people at all levels in the organization, customers, suppliers and other external contacts that allows for achievement of substantial results through others.
- Demonstrated ability to focus employees at all levels to recognize the “right thing to do” and empower them to act decisively within their ability and area of responsibility. Demonstrated ability to build strong teams, coach, influence and guide employees, and the ability to recognize and develop talent throughout the organization as a means.
- Degree in engineering preferred
- Demonstrated track record of manufacturing achievement in the critical success areas of EHS, cost reduction, continuous improvement, cycle time reduction, asset optimization, and application of leading edge methods and technologies.
- Track record for creating continuous improvements in the culture, facilities and technology.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline required
- Minimum7 years of work in operations with previous leadership experience
- Experience with lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Freeport, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A