The purpose of this position is to achieve business needs through process safety, process and product optimization, and capital project support. This position is responsible for driving continuous technology innovation.
- Collaborate with product scientist to introduce product changes and new products
- Ensure compliance of environmental records and reporting and ensure compliance with waste management requirements.
- Collaborate with production team to optimize batch cycle times and improve personal/process safety.
- Work with controls engineer to optimize DCS system, including batch control, recipe automation, alarm management, PIMS, and DCS/SIS troubleshooting.
- Coordinate completion and documentation of PHAs, PSSRs, MOCs in coordination with global/regional technology groups and global safety.
- Implement capital projects either as project manager/manufacturing representative for small projects or as manufacturing representative for large projects.
- Lead continuous technology innovation through identification, evaluation, development, prioritization, and implementation of plant improvement ideas in EBIT improvement through increased production or reduced costs (fixed and variable.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments at the same time while meeting the agreed upon schedule and results
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, TCEQ and other applicable code and regulations and standards.
- Must have good communication skills, ability to work in a matrix organization, and demonstrated leadership through formal or informal experience.
- Preferred Project Engineering on Capital or Expense Projects experience
- Strong understanding of Process Engineering concepts and their applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with 2 or more years of work experience in a chemical/petrochemical or similar manufacturing environment or completing the BASF PDP; or, High School diploma with 5 or more years of chemical/petrochemical experience.
- Practical experience in plant troubleshooting, process control, field equipment and DCS/PLC Control Systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Freeport, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A